After the success of last year’s QuoFestive, the band return to the Brighton Centre with friends in December 2012!
Status Quo themselves need no introduction: more hit singles than any other band, more hit albums than The Beatles, more appearances on TOTP than any other act; the superlatives keep coming.
The Status Quo “QuoFestive” set will feature, of course, a slew of massive hits from that amazing catalogue of classics, plus some new tracks from their latest Top Ten album “Quid Pro Quo”, which has just been awarded a BPI Silver Sales disc. Add into that our special guest and “QuoFestive” represents an evening of over 3 hours of entertainment that would put a smile on even Ebeneezer Scrooge’s face. It’s a Christmas cracker.
Tickets on sale: Friday 6th July @ 9am on-line and phones, 0844 847 1515, and 10am over the counter at the venue Box Office.
Brighton Centre is only 10 minutes by walk to hotel Seaspray!
Ain’t no mountain high, ain’t no valley low, ain’t no river wide enough to keep The Magic of Motown from getting to you. . .
It’ll be there on the double: direct from The States, the UK’s biggest Motown concert tour celebrates 50 years of number one songs with its brand-new arena show.
There in a hurry: the non-stop spectacular features 36 massive hits from The Supremes, Temptations, Four Tops, Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Martha Reeves, Lionel Richie and more.
An all-star cast, that original Detroit sound, 16 sparkling costume changes plus amazing choreography: the Magic of Motown will be getting to you in 2012. . .
What the media says:
“. . . an incredible cast, dazzling costumes and classic tracks. . . this is a must-see show for all Motown fans”
“From an era of style and sequins, the show was slick, stylish, smooth and infinitely sexy”
“. . . spellbinding all the way through”
“With great harmonies, booming bass, blissful horns and some superb dance routines this is a show that delivers music and memories in equal measure”
“Direct from the USA, this superbly talented cast performed effortlessly and seamlessly with the sweet, smooth sounds of The Temptations, Four Tops, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye and a superb rendition of the Jacksons”
“The choreography and costume changes were immaculate and more than a few hearts fell in love with the lovely solo singer Natasha Burnett”
“All of the singers and the band were of the highest calibre – each could have carried the show on their own”
“The evening throbbed with music. . . oh, the songs were back to back”
The Brighton centre is only a 10 minute walk from Sea Spray Hotel
Souled Out Choir & friends with special guests Jocelyn Brown & Damage
Souled Out were established in 2009 from the joy of singing gospel. Since then Souled Out have grown to a peak of 180 members and have performed at numerous venues across Sussex.
- When: Sat 1 Dec, 8pm
- Where: Concert Hall
- Tickets : £27.50, £22.50
Welcome to Seaspray.
Having broken records on Broadway and played to sold-out audiences in London’s West End, David Esbjornson’s award winning, smash hit production has dazzled audiences and critics alike. This heart-warming play is now on tour across the UK for a strictly limited season.
Inspiration for the much-loved Oscar-winning smash hit movie, Driving Miss Daisy is the charming, poignant and utterly compelling tale of the unlikely, long-lasting friendship that blossoms between a prickly, elderly southern matriarch, Daisy Werthan (Gwen Taylor) and her kind-hearted chauffeur, Hoke Colburn (Don Warrington). As the wheels turn and the decades roll by against a backdrop of prejudice, inequality and civil unrest, the pair slowly transcend their differences and ultimately grow to rely on each other far more than either ever expected.
Sparklingly funny, irresistibly heart-warming and with a wonderful much-loved cast, Driving Miss Daisy is the must-see show of 2012. Some of the Sea Spray team will be attending this event.
Flamenco night at Brighton’s Bristol Bar!
Join us for our 3rd Flamenco night Tuesday November 6th, with the OleOle troup featuring dancer Alvaro Guarnido.
Spanish specials on the menu for what promises to be a another great evening. Book a table as soon as you can as this is a very popular night!!!! Call now on 01273605687
some of the Sea Spray team will be attending this event!
Here at Sea Spray Brighton we have some fantastic offers for today Sunday 4th November, with double rooms starting from £49, Suites at £79 and Penthouses at £99 all per room per night, including our award winning breakfast!!!
The One and Only comes to Brighton for a Truly memorable Night.
Al Duomo would like to offer Visit Brighton partners a Free bottle of wine for every 2 people booking for our “Suspiciously Elvis – quite simply Britain’s finest tribute performer”
Mention Visit Brighton
From Denmark to Dubai, Suspiciously Elvis is respected around the world for his amazing vocal quality and performance skill. He faithfully and brilliantly re-creates those memorable early seventies Las Vegas concerts when The King was at the height of his reign.
This offer Applies for the 25th of October 2012
The evening starts at 19.00hrs with 2-4-1 on Cocktails at the bar alternatively arrive by 19.30hrs to be seated and order from the superb 3 course menu with many excellent choices at £24.95 per person excluding drinks and 10% service.
Suspiciously Elvis will be in the Buildings and appear at 20.00hrs and perform the 1st Act performing popular Elvis numbers swinging and gyrating his hips like the King himself. Act 2 The King returns with the Greatest Hits of the King of Rock and Roll himself. Act 3 The Show really hot’s up. The King Ad libs, time for some of the old time favourites and requests! !
He never fails to provide the most fantastic evening of high energy rock’n'roll in a tribute to The King himself!!
Booking is essential to reserve a table and a deposit of £10 per person is required at time of reservation. To reserve a table please call our reservation line on 01273 326 741.
Some of the Sea Spray team are attending this event.
Check out our 10 ideas for keeping the kids entertained in Brighton & Hove over the October half term week.
And if you love Halloween, we’ve got some spooky ideas for 31st October too…
Top 10 Half-Term Events
- Shark Week – Sea Life Centre (20 October to 4 November) - to celebrate ‘European Shark Week’, join Sea Life Brighton for some exciting, interactive family activities to raise awareness about the conservation of sharks.
- Early Years Sessions – Brighton Museum (23 October and 6 November) - for 2-5 year olds, the sessions include storytelling and a museum expedition alongside themed art activities. From 10am-12pm, tickets £4.50, book in advance.
- WhaleFest and WhaleFest Fringe (25 to 28 October) - from virtual whale-watching trips to the chance to climb inside a whale this week-long festival celebrates all things ‘whale’!
- Early Years Sessions – Booth Museum (26 October) - for children aged 2-5, this ‘Dinosaurs’ themed session includes story telling and a museum expedition alongside art activities. From 10am-12pm. Tickets £4.50 – book in advance.
- Big Draw – Brighton , Hove and Booth Museum (29 to 31 October) - take part in the world’s biggest celebration of drawing, with a range of FREE drop-in drawing sessions. 10am-12pm and 2-4pm.
- Theatrical Make-Up Workshop – Brighton Dome (30 October) - a 1 day workshop taught by a professional TV, film and theatre make-up artist. Suitable for ages 15+. Tickets £20.
- How Did Lady Ellen Eat a Banana? – Preston Manor (1 November) - for ages 6+, this workshop is an introduction to the lost art of Edwardian etiquette. Fun activities for all the family – bring your own banana! Tickets from £4.
- Shoot the Wrx: Digital Animation – Brighton Museum (2 November) - produce an exciting film featuring paper cut-outs, comic books, toy monsters and robots. 1pm-3pm, £3, book in advance.
- London to Brighton Veteran Car Run (4 November) – marvel at hundreds of vintage vehicles from around the world in this classic Brighton car run.
10. Lions Firework Display – Sussex County Cricket Ground - (5 November) celebrate Guy Fawke’s Night with a bang at the biggest single fireworks display in Sussex. Gates open at 6pm. Tickets from £5.
For Halloween in Brighton ideas, check out our Halloween page.
Sea Spray have some great midweek offers during half term call us now on 01273680332
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall walk Brighton…
Brighton Town is famous for it’s stunning heritage, from the Royal Pavilion, Regency architecture and Victorian aquariums to the traditional seaside fun of Brighton Pier and pebble beach…
This is no more. The Brighton you once knew no longer exists. The undead count is up, fashion is no longer hip, and universities
are empty. Each year proves even bloodier than last and fears are rife that this could lead to the largest zombie outbreak in recorded history, the potential ramifications of which extend as far as the end of civilization as we know it!
What is Beach of the Dead?
Beach of the Dead is Brighton’s world-renowned annual Zombie Walk.
Now staggering towards it’s 6th year, it attracts 1000′s of lost souls who embrace the macabre spirit and wear some incredibly creative costumes, all in the name of Halloween.
Attendees of all ages are welcome but please bear in mind that some costumes may frighten younger children.
The event is arranged with the full permission of Brighton & Hove Council and Sussex Police, and is professionally stewarded for the safety of both participants and spectators.
loves this event which gets bigger every year.