Austin’s indie rockers Look Mexico are known for bridging the gap between the pop and math rock worlds while carrying heavy comparisons to bands from the 90’s emo movement, akin to American Football. Their debut album, This Is Animal Music hearkened back to the days when emo-pleaded punk was embraced while their follow up release, To Bed To Battle provided a dynamic shift in their sound and displayed a sense of maturity as they toned down their math-rock roots to play more straightforward rock. Chartering on unfamiliar territory, Look Mexico opened a window to other realms to further infuse pop into the mix. Some fans were left hoping they would revert to their old ways but they continued to push their own boundaries, leaving their anomalous song titles to be the reigning feature from a band we knew back in 2007. Look Mexico further expands their use of pop sensibilities while taking a more unified approach and on their latest EP, Real American Spear It.
- Rovo and system 7 @ The Concorde 2 on Sunday 9th of March
- Fallen Angel at the Theatre Royal Tuesday 4th-Saturday 8th of March
- Tonight’s The Night at The Theatre Royal, Monday 10th-Saturday 15th of March
- Sussex Beer and Cider Festival, Hove Town Hall Thursday 6th-Saturday 8th March
- Weekend offers at The Sea Spray Hotel !