This final concert opens with Beethoven’s depiction of the conflict between bravado and tenderness, a classic of his middle period compositional style. Dohnányi was an almost exact contemporary of Bartok but their musical styles are very different. Here, instead of one of his more familiar piano works, the orchestra performs his passionate and melodic Konzertstücke for cello, marking a welcome return visit for soloist Thomas Carroll. Finally, Brahms’s second symphony – moving from its quiet and soulful opening movements to its cheerful, lyrical finale – lends a spring-like air of optimism to the conclusion of this closing concert. Brighton Dome is only 10 minute walk from Sea Spray.
- Brighton i360: Construction begin June 2014 !
- Brighton & Hove Camera Club: Mon 24th March – Thu 3rd April
- The Chocolate Festival : Brighton Dome on Sat 29th and Sund 30th of March
- Banks @ The Concorde 2 on Saturday 29th March
- Mirranda Hart at the Brighton Center on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd of April