Brighton is host to this year’s Sussex Beer and Cider Festival which will be held at Hove Centre, Hove on 10th–12th March 2011. CAMRA (the Campaign for Real Ale) was formed 40 years ago and this is the 21st Sussex Beer and Cider Festival. Real ale has never been so popular and sales are booming. To cope with the expected huge demand there will be over 220 on sale plus a large selection of ciders, perries, country wines and British and foreign bottled beers. The downstairs bar has been designated as the LocAle Bar and will be selling only beers from breweries in Sussex. For the 3rd year running, the food will be provided by the local caterers Arkwrights, who offer a variety of tasty food, including vegan & vegetarian options. Smart T’s also will be back with some cool new T-shirts, and local painter Richard Stone has again designed the logo. Hove Centre, Norton Road, Hove East Sussex, BN3 4AH Telephone: +44 (0)7784 944277 . And Sea Spray has some amazing offers on its fantastic themed boutique hotel rooms for tonight and tomorrow night – so head on down and start sampling the best real Ale in the region!
- Brighton & Hove Camera Club: Mon 24th March – Thu 3rd April
- The Chocolate Festival : Brighton Dome on Sat 29th and Sund 30th of March
- Banks @ The Concorde 2 on Saturday 29th March
- Mirranda Hart at the Brighton Center on Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd of April
- Brighton Fringe Festival : 3rd May-1st June